Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SAM-oa

Sweet Wesley Willis... I just received 3 bangin' CDs from my friend Sam. And they actually went to Samoa (I saw the postal stamps), and then got forwarded to my address here. Only 6 months later...

I also forgot to mention that Sam gets extra points because he kept me in touch with my Texan heritage while I was abroad: see his blog.
I got to meet up with him, his girlfriend Allison, and his brother Mac at ACL, and I can't really remember the last time I've laughed so hard. Good kids.

CD1 (sam's faves): Broken Social Scene- Looks Just like the Sun. I listened to so much BSS (and by so much I mean 2 songs on repeat) back in Samoa. This song woulda topped the chart. (Honorable mention: Pants pants pants- Sensible Gangsta)

CD2 (music everyone loves): Spoon-Stay Don't Go. This one makes me my body involuntarily spasm in a way that it kinda turns into a funky dance. Those are my favorite kinds of songs.

CD3 (study tunage): Malaria Codes- Octopus Project (can't find a link) This is another song that just compels me to dance. It seems like that's really the only way I judge music nowadays.

Sam, as you may or may not be the only one reading this-- here's that clip I was trying to get you to watch:

No comments: