Cleaning out my car was like cleaning out my brain. So therapeutic!
So here's an update on the goings-on in my life.
There are only 4 out of 12 girls left in my original group. Some graduated successfully, and others were exited (meaning they left the program "unsuccessfully"). The hardest thing about this job has been letting go of these kids, and knowing that there are some I can only help so much.
I'm going to a boys group permanently starting tomorrow. I'm definitely gonna miss working with my girls, but this will be a nice change. So far every time I've been in a boys group, I've had an awesome time. They've been very physically active, whereas my girls seemed to loathe hiking anywhere or partaking in group games. I could go on about this, but if pictures/videos are worth a thousand words then I'll spare myself some typing:
3 comments:
thoughts:
at the beginning how the hell did you get it to cut so smoothly from you to you? that is freaking me out. i watched that part at least 5 times. like i said, freaking. me. out.*
i love the moment when the snake is thrown and the clip ends with you saying "uh oh"
enjoyin the vid skillz, though still dont know what keys and logs are.
*i felt like i should note that i am totally sober right now.
You have skills to last you a life time.. like for real, you should be like a secret agent or something. But in all seriousness, you have already had some amazing experiences in your life whether they were positive or negative that have taught you something and helped you to grow as a person and learn more about yourself. It was really nice to see a video of some of your typical activities there. I think about you often and about what you're doing and this helped give me some perspective as well as an even greater appreciation for you. I love you.
On the part where it flips from me to... me... it just kinda accidentally happened like that, and it was so cool that I left it
I've got so many clips that end with me saying "uh oh"... I'm glad you caught the humor in it:)
Yeah, I got lazy with editing when we were explaining what logs and keys are. Logs are basically long logs split down the middle for us to sit on so we don't sit in the dirt... and then we build "keys" so that the logs don't sit directly on the ground because they decompose quickly that way.
Kerrrrcho I miss you! As soon as I got your package, my kids fought over who could wear the beads. I was able to keep the socks though... and you better believe I wore those with pride. U... S... A!!!
Post a Comment