Phang Nga Tuesday 8/30
Toilet… WHERE!?- horng nam tinai
sorry- hart hot
i don’t understand- mai kow jai
thai iced tea-
cha yuen
- lunch with michelle- som tam—was going to get a ticket to james bond
- bought socks/ ice cream… then more ice cream!
- long walk to park
- watched monkeys with locals
- rice milk at market
- michelle’s students interviewing me
- dinner at pizza place with michelle/seth/sudjit? crepe on the way to bus stop
- ticket to Bangkok
- middle of night binge on pocky and rice snacks
 |
| following Michelle to school |
 |
| Breakfast! |
 |
| in her classroom |
Monkey bidness
The next day we had a fun time trying to order some really good som tum… we just let them surprise us and ended up with little mini crabs in it.
And it was so good! While she was at school, I found myself returning to the park. It was a long walk there, so when I got there I just picked a spot that was semi shaded to just sit.
 |
| walk in the park |
 |
| monsoon-ish |
There were other families there, and I suddenly felt awkward. This stinky sweaty farang… female… and alone! In a public park! Anyway, this turned into a highlight as the awkwardness and guardedness between parties subsided. Watching the monkeys play nearby, it became like a theater where we all watched the monkeys with anticipation, and laughed together at key moments. The baby trying to sneak past the momma, who would then grab it by the tail and yank it right back. That’s a universal comedy, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment