I was wandering around looking for breakfast on the North Shore and I heard music coming from a shop and thought "WOW those are great speakers!" So I wandered in, and it was Ron and his family recording a new album. On the far left was the bassist, then the short guy was wandering around (but I'm sure he plays something) then Ron (or Papa, as he told me to call him) was on the Keyboard and was singing. the next shorter guy was on the timpani and bongos, then on lead guitar was the next guy, then the two girls were on keyboard as well, and while they were recording his wife talked to me about what they do. It was a saturday morning and they were all so happy to be playing together. They'd look over and smile at each other, and at the end they'd talk to each other saying "oh man I really liked what you did with that riff there" and complimenting each other. I saw on their logo "A family that plays together stays together". Talking to them, and especially Vicky (Ron's wife) about what they do made me really emotional. I wish I had the time to put into words exactly how they made me feel, but I will leave it at that. I left their house feeling totally inspired and optimistic about the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment